Are you having some problems buying your Machu Picchu Tickets for 2020? Machu Picchu is a mysterious and fascinating citadel, considered one of the seven wonders of the world and the most popular destination in Peru. Every day more than two thousand travellers that arrive from Lima, the capital of Perú, take a flight to Cusco and visit this Incan citadel. For this reason, we recommend you to book your Machu Picchu ticket in advance.
The ticket to Machu Picchu must be booked online from mid-December 2019, because tickets for the next year must be available only since that date.
Also, you can arrive to Machu Picchu hiking through the Inca Trail Tours, 2 Day Inca Trail Tour, 3 Day Inca Trail, 2 Day Inca Trail with Camping, Salkantay Trek, Inca Quarry Trail or Alternative trek, but most travellers arrive by train or transportation, this last option we dont recommend.
Here you have all the information to ensure your visit to Machu Picchu 2020, and buy your entrance ticket in advance.
Factors that condition the purchase of the Machu Picchu tickets
- Time, many people would like to have enough time to make their Machu Picchu Vacation Package, but often work and / or studies do not allow it. Do not trust and buy your ticket to Machu Picchu in advance, it may be that when you arrive in Cusco there is no availability for the date you require and if you have days counted you can not make the visit to the Sacred City of Machu Picchu.
- Price, which rises more and more over the years, and even worse when reservations are made at the last minute. So if it is the Machu Picchu Ticket and train tickets are recommended to make the purchase in advance, in order to avoid inconvenience at the last minute.
- Limited Access, one of the main causes for not visiting Machu Picchu is the limited access that has been there for some years, that is why travelers are advised to be warned and buy all the tickets to Machu Picchu necessary as soon as possible.
How to book and buy the Machu Picchu tickets
- Go to the Ministry of Culture website. Be patient as the website can take a little while to load. You will need Adobe Flash installed (free download) to be able to view the website. You can change the language to English by clicking the British flag at the top right.
- Select which sites you want to visit. Above the calendar before picking a date, you must first select the place to visit. Here you need to decide if you want tickets just to Machu Picchu, or if you want to visit the museum as well. The Museo Manuel Chávez Ballon is a small museum, but is worth seeing the before visiting Machu Picchu itself. It has some neat artefacts with good translations, and is located near Aguas Calientes.Next, you must Select the route. Here you choose whether you only want to visit Machu Picchu, or if you want to also visit Huayna Picchu and/or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Choose your date. Once you've selected your places to visit, you can choose which day you want to go by clicking it on the calendar.
- Choose the # of tickets needed. Click the arrows to choose the number of tickets needed under Quantity.
- NOTE: If you need to buy CHILD tickets, click the button on the right above (Tickes for students). Children aged 8 and over pay the student rate. Children 7 years and under are FREE.
- Enter your information. Now you must enter your information exactly as it appears on your passport.
- Finalize your order. You're now on the final page. You may get a pop up to Read the terms and conditions. Enter your e-mail address, double check in the information provided is correct. Remember, it must match the I.D. provided. When you're ready, click Generate reservation. Now you will get a couple of pop-ups, including your Reservation form. This is important so don't close it, you haven't paid for your ticket yet! Take the Reservation number listed on the page and copy it. Next select the Payment tab above on the main panel, which will take you to a new page.
- Pay for your tickets. You now need to paste your reservation code into the payment page.
- Save & print your tickets. When your payment is complete, print your receipt and tickets, and save them to your computer as a PDF.
How to book Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain tickets for next year?
The Ministery of Culture start selling the Machu Picchu Tickets only since the end of December for next year. We recommend you to be patient and pay attention to the moment when the tickets go on sale.
Another recommendation is to buy your Machu Picchu tickets for a date close to June 24th, when is celebrated the Inca Sun Festival, so you can enjoy the Inti Raymi Tour 2020 and visit the magnificent citadel of Machu Picchu in a single trip to Perú. Also, add one day to your Machu Picchu Vacation Package and book a Palcoyo Mountain Tour for a full trip to Perú.
Machu Picchu Tickets 2020
How much is the ticket to visit Machu Picchu? Here are the prices of Machu Picchu Tickets 2020. The ticket prices vary according to the type of ticket and nationality of the tourist. In addition, university students access discount.
|Only Machu Picchu Tickets
|Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Tickets
|Machu Picchu + Mountain Tickets
|Machu Picchu + Museum Tickets
Only Machu Picchu Tickets
There are different schedules to visit Machu Picchu. No matter which ticket you have bought, you can stay for 3 hours visiting Machu Picchu, on the morning or afternoon shift.
Machu Picchu Permits - Timetables
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 6:00 am
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 7:00 am
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 8:00 am
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 9:00 am
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 10:00 am
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 11:00 am
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 12:00 am
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 1:00 pm
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu from 2:00 pm
Machu Picchu (Llaqta) + Huayna Picchu tickets
Huayna Picchu is one of the top seller destinations inside Machu Picchu citadel, since is recognized because of the view that his lookout offers to tourists. This is the reason why tickets for Huayna Picchu Mountain sold out faster and we recommed to book in advance. Only 200 spaces available to climb up to the mountain per day.
This Huayna Picchu mountain is peculiar shape and almost vertical paths, definetely is an adventure that anyone want to miss in Machu Picchu. The hike is considered one of the best short walks in the world. From the lookout, you can view the Machu Picchu citadel and its enclosures and platforms. This Huayna Picchu tickets has three schedules to hike the mountain.
Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Permits - Timetables
- Llaqta from 6:00 - Huayna Picchu mountain from 7:00 am. - 8:00 am
- Llaqta from 7:00 - Huayna Picchu mountain from 7:00 am. - 8:00 am
- Llaqta from 8:00 - Huayna Picchu mountain from 10:00 am. - 11:00 am
Once arrived to the Machu Picchu, you will have the guided tour in the citadel, and then you have the rest of the time to climb up to Huayna Picchu.
Machu Picchu (LLaqta) + Machu Picchu Mountain tickets
Machu Picchu mountain is the new popular hike inside the citadel and the best alternative hike to Huayna Picchu Mountain. Machu Picchu Mountain altitude is 3200 m.a.s.l (10500 ft.) From the lookout of the mountain, you can see the enclosures, temples, squares and platforms of the Inca city. Also, you will be able to see the Huayna Picchu mountain, the Vilcanota River, that has the form of a snake and the beautiful landscapes around the mountain. The hike to Machu Picchu Mountain is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have when visiting Machu Picchu
If you take the binoculares, you can have a complete view of Salkantay Mountain, Llactapata Incan Ruins and the Hydroelectric of Santa Teresa.
The Machu Picchu + Mountain ticket has three schedules for hike this mountain.
Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Permits - Timetables
- Llaqta from 6:00 - Machu Picchu mountain from 7:00 am. - 8:00 am
- Llaqta from 7:00 - Machu Picchu mountain from 7:00 am. - 8:00 am
- Llaqta from 8:00 - Machu Picchu mountain from 10:00 am. - 11:00 am
In all cases you will have a guided tour in Machu Picchu for 1 hour and then you have time to hike up to the mountain.
Machu Picchu (Llaqta) + Museum Tickets
The Museum of Machu Picchu, called Manuel Chávez Ballón is located in Aguas Calientes. This collection of pieces founded in Machu Picchu allow you to learn more about the history of the citadel and the Inca Empire; explained carefully with an interesting multimedia exhibition. The Machu Picchu + Museum Ticket will provide you with a unique and complete cultural experience, since you can travel two many years ago when Incas lived in Machu Picchu.
You can enter Machu Picchu according to the chosen turn:
- Machu Picchu Morning shift: 6:00 am. - 5:00 pm
The schedule of your visit will depend on the shift you chose to enter Machu Picchu.
- If you want to book online the Machu Picchu ticket + Mountain, you can select only a hour of your entrance fee. You can choose what time you want to climb up to the mountains.
- It is very important to pay the 100% for your tickets.
- Once booked. You can change the date or cancel the ticket, it is not refund
- Once paid, our reservation department will send a copy of your Machu Picchu ticket by email
Amazing Tours to Machu Picchu
Inca Trail Hike
Lares Trek 4 Days
3 Day Machu Picchu Trek
Inca Jungle Trek 4 Days
Machu Picchu 2 Days Tour
Short Inca Trail Tour
Choquequirao Trek 4 Days