Are you having some problems buying your Machu Picchu Tickets for 2021? Machu Picchu is a mysterious and fascinating citadel considered one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and the most popular destination of Peru. Every day more than two thousand travellers that arrive from Lima, the capital of Peru, take a flight to Cusco and visit the Incan citadel. For that reason, you should book your Machu Picchu ticket in advance.
A ticket of Machu Picchu 2021 needs be booked online from the late-December 2020 because tickets for the next year will be available only since that time.
Also, you might get to Machu Picchu hiking one of the Inca Trail options such as 4 Day Inca Trail, 2 Day Inca Trail Tour, 3 Day Inca Trail, 2 Day Inca Trail with Camping, Salkantay Trek, Inca Quarry Trail or an Alternative Trek. Most travellers arrive by train.
Below, you can find all details you need to know for your visit to Machu Picchu 2021 and to buy your entrance ticket in advance.
Factors That Affect the Purchase of Machu Picchu Tickets
- Time - many people would like to have enough time to make their Machu Picchu Vacation Package. But a work and/or studies do not allow it often. Do not believe there will be enough Machu Picchu tickets and buy yours beforehand. Especially, if you are short of time. It may happen that they will be sold out upon your arrival at Cusco.
- Price - it increases more and more over the years. It is even worse when booking is made at the last minute. For that reason, it is recommended to buy Machu Picchu and train tickets in advance. You will save yourself a lot of stress.
- Limited Access - one of the main reasons for not visiting Machu Picchu is the limited access. That is why, travelers are advised to buy a ticket to Machu Picchu as soon as possible.
How to Book and Buy the Machu Picchu Tickets?
- Go to the Ministry of Culture website. Be patient as the website can take a little while to load. You will need to have installed Adobe Flash (free download) to be able to view the website. You can change a language to English by clicking the UK's flag at the top right.
- Select a site you wish to visit. Above the calendar before picking a date, you must first select a place of visit. Here you need to decide if you prefer to see Machu Picchu only or if you like to combine it with a visit the site museum too. The Museo Manuel Chávez Ballon is a small museum, but it is worth seeing it before getting to Machu Picchu itself. It houses some neat artefacts, all described in English. The museum is situated near Aguas Calientes (a town just below Machu Picchu). As a next step, you need to select a route. It means you must decide whether you visit in addition to Machu Picchu (or Machu Picchu and the museum) also Huayna Picchu and/or the Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Choose your date. Once you have selected your route, you can choose a day by clicking on the calendar.
- Choose the number of tickets needed. Click the arrows under Quantity to pick the number of tickets needed.
- Please Note: If you need to buy a CHILD ticket, click the button to the right above it (Tickes for students). Children aged 8+ years pay the student rate. Children 7 years and younger are FREE of charge!
- Fill in your personal details. Now, you must complete your personal details exactly as they appear in your passport.
- Finash your order. You are now on the final page. You may get a pop up window saying "Read the terms and conditions". Enter your e-mail address, double check if all details provided are correct. Remember, it must match the ID provided. When you are ready, click "Generate reservation". Then, you get a couple of pop-up windows including your Reservation Form. This is important! So, do not close it since you have not paid for your ticket yet! Copy the Reservation number displayed on the page. Then, select the Payment tab on the main panel above. This takes you to a new page.
- Pay for your tickets. You need to paste your reservation code into the payment page now.
- Save & print the tickets. Once your payment is complete, print your receipt and tickets and save them into your computer as a PDF.
How to Book Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain Tickets for The Next Year?
Each year, the Ministery of Culture starts selling Machu Picchu tickets for next year only at the end of December. We recommend you to be patient and watch the moment when the tickets go on sale.
Another recommendation is to buy a Machu Picchu ticket for a date close to June 24th when the Inca festival of the sun "Inti Raymi" is celebrated. So, you can enjoy the Inti Raymi Tour 2021 and visit the magnificent citadel of Machu Picchu in a single trip to Peru. Also, you might add one day to your Machu Picchu Vacation Package and book a Palcoyo Mountain Tour for a more complete view of Peru.
Machu Picchu Tickets 2021
How much is a ticket to visit Machu Picchu? The new prices of Machu Picchu Tickets 2021 can be found below. Ticket prices vary according to the type of a ticket and nationality of a tourist. In addition, students can get a discount.
|Only Machu Picchu Tickets
|Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Tickets
|Machu Picchu + Mountain Tickets
|Machu Picchu + Museum Tickets
Only Machu Picchu Tickets
There are different time slots allowing you to enter the Inca citadel. No matter which ticket you have bought, you can stay for up to 3 hours visiting Machu Picchu.
Only Machu Picchu Tickets - Timetables:
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 6:00 am.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 7:00 am.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 8:00 am.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 9:00 am.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 10:00 am.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 11:00 am.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 12:00 am.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 1:00 pm.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 2:00 pm.
Machu Picchu (Llaqta) + Huayna Picchu Tickets
Huayna Picchu is the top seller inside the Machu Picchu complex since this mountain is famous for its lookout that offers to visitors. For this reason, Huayna Picchu tickets are selling fast. So, it is recommended to book them in advance. Only 200 spaces daily are available to climb the mountain.
The Huayna Picchu Mountain is of a peculiar shape having almost vertical paths making it definetely an adventure. Hiking it is considered one of the best short walks in the world. From the lookout, you can view the citadel of Machu Picchu, its enclosures and platforms. There are three time slots to hike the Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Tickets - Timetables
- Llaqta from 6:00 am - Huayna Picchu from 7:00 am - 8:00 am.
- Llaqta from 7:00 am - Huayna Picchu from 7:00 am - 8:00 am.
- Llaqta from 8:00 am - Huayna Picchu from 10:00 am - 11:00 am.
Once in Machu Picchu, a guided tour of the citadel expects you. The rest of the time can be used to climb up Huayna Picchu.
Machu Picchu (LLaqta) + Mountain Tickets
The Machu Picchu Mountain is a new popular hike inside the citadel and the best alternative hike to the Huayna Picchu Mountain. The altitude of the mountain is 3,200 m.a.s.l. (10,500 f.a.s.l.) From the mountain's lookout, one might view the enclosures, temples, squares and platforms of the Inca citadel. Also, it is possible to see the Huayna Picchu Mountain, the Vilcanota River - a snake-shaped river below the citadel, and the stunning landscapes around the mountain. If you take binoculares with you, you can have a complete view of the Salkantay Mountain, the Inca ruins of Llactapata and the Hydroelectric Plant of Santa Teresa. The hike is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have when visiting Machu Picchu. The Machu Picchu + Mountain ticket offers three time slots to hike the mountain.
Machu Picchu + Mountain Tickets - Timetables:
- Llaqta from 6:00 am - Mountain from 7:00 am - 8:00 am.
- Llaqta from 7:00 am - Mountain from 7:00 am - 8:00 am.
- Llaqta from 8:00 am - Mountain from 10:00 am - 11:00 am.
In any case, you are given a guided tour of Machu Picchu for 1 hour and then you have time to hike up to the mountain.
Machu Picchu (Llaqta) + Museum Tickets
The museum of Machu Picchu called Museo de Sitio Manuel Chávez Ballón is located in Aguas Calientes. It houses a collection of pieces found at Machu Picchu. This allows you to learn more about the history of the citadel as well as the Inca Empire. All details are explained carefully. It also offers an interesting multimedia exhibition. The Machu Picchu + Museum Tickets provide with a unique and complete cultural experience since one is enable to travel back in time to the era when the Incas inhabited Machu Picchu.
Opening hours of the museum:
Monday - Sunday: 9 am to 4:30 pm
The schedule of your visit depends on the shift you chose to enter Machu Picchu.
- If you like to book Machu Picchu + Mountain Tickets online, you can select an hour of your entrance to Machu Picchu at first only. In the next step, it allows you to choose a time slot of your preference to climb up the mountain too.
- It is very important to pay 100% of your tickets.
- Once paid, our reservation department will email you a copy of your Machu Picchu ticket.
- After that, it is not possible to change the date or cancel the ticket!
Amazing Tours to Machu Picchu
Inca Trail Hike
Lares Trek 4 Days
3 Day Machu Picchu Trek
Inca Jungle Trek 4 Days
Machu Picchu 2 Days Tour
Short Inca Trail Tour
Choquequirao Trek 4 Days