Machu Picchu is one of the most extraordinary expressions of engineering and architecture of the Inca civilization, in this place they harmonize the human work with nature, which lasts approximately 3 hours, through a duly signposted and easily accessible route.
Factors that condition the purchase of the Machu Picchu tickets
- Time, many people would like to have enough time to make the trip to Machu Picchu, but often work and / or studies do not allow it. Do not trust and buy your ticket to Machu Picchu in advance, it may be that when you arrive in Cusco there is no availability for the date you require and if you have days counted you can not make the visit to the Sacred City of Machu Picchu.
- Price, which rises more and more over the years, and even worse when reservations are made at the last minute. So if it is the Machu Picchu Ticket and train tickets are recommended to make the purchase in advance, in order to avoid inconvenience at the last minute.
- Limited Access, one of the main causes for not visiting Machu Picchu is the limited access that has been there for some years, that is why travelers are advised to be warned and buy all the tickets to Machu Picchu necessary as soon as possible.
How to buy Machu Picchu tickets
- Go to the Ministry of Culture website. Be patient as the website can take a little while to load. You will need Adobe Flash installed (free download) to be able to view the website. You can change the language to English by clicking the British flag at the top right.
- Select which sites you want to visit.Above the calendar before picking a date, you must first select the “Place to visit". Here you need to decide if you want tickets just to Machu Picchu, or if you want to visit the museum as well. The Museo Manuel Chávez Ballon is a small museum, but is worth seeing the before visiting Machu Picchu itself. It has some neat artefacts with good translations, and is located near Aguas Calientes.Next, you must “Select the route". Here you choose whether you only want to visit Machu Picchu, or if you want to also visit Huayna Picchu and/or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Choose your date. Once you've selected your places to visit, you can choose which day you want to go by clicking it on the calendar.
- Choose the # of tickets needed. Click the arrows to choose the number of tickets needed under “Quantity. NOTE: If you need to buy CHILD tickets, click the button on the right above (“Tickes for students”). Children aged 8 and over pay the student rate. Children 7 years and under are FREE.
- Enter your information. Now you must enter your information exactly as it appears on your passport.
- Finalize your order. You're now on the final page. You may get a pop up to “Read the terms and conditions". Enter your e-mail address, double check in the information provided is correct. Remember, it must match the I.D. provided. When you're ready, click “Generate reservation". Now you will get a couple of pop-ups, including your “Reservation form". This is important so don't close it, you haven't paid for your ticket yet! Take the “Reservation number" listed on the page and copy it. Next select the “Payment" tab above on the main panel, which will take you to a new page.
- Pay for your tickets. You now need to paste your reservation code into the payment page.
- Save & print your tickets. When your payment is complete, print your receipt and tickets, and save them to your computer as a PDF.
Machu Picchu tickets 2019
How much is the ticket? Check Machu Picchu tickets 2019 rates and visit the Wonder of Machu Picchu World. Prices vary according to the type of ticket and the age or nationality of the tourist. In addition, university students access discount. Learn all about the Machu Picchu 2019 rates.
|Only Machu Picchu ticket
|Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
|Machu Picchu + Mountain
|Machu Picchu + Museum