The Peruvian government proactively closed the country's borders by declaring a state of emergency with effect from 16 March to 27 April 2020.
Tierras Vivas has made the difficult but necessary decision to suspend all tours departing until 30 September 2020 due to rapidly evolving travel restrictions implemented across destinations around the world. This gives passengers the security and flexibility to postpone their journey to fully enjoy it later.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times. We will answer you all, do not worry.
My Tour Has Been Suspended - What Is Going to Happen?
Tierras Vivas staff is working very hard to respond to the overwhelming number of phone calls and emails. We will try to solve any cancellation!
I Have Booked Flights with Tierras Vivas - What Is Going to Happen?
- We understand that many passengers may be concerned about flight options at this unprecedented time. We have been receiving a large number of requests, so be patient please as we work to find a solution for all our customers.
- Tierras Vivas has been waiting for the airline's response to your booked air tickets. Airlines offer changes to purchased flights at no extra charge.
- Our team has been prioritizing emergencies. We would like to ask you to be patient in case of a delay in the response time.
- For all these reasons, Tierras Vivas cannot refund your deposit at this time.
Credit for Future Tours
- The Credit for Future Tours program allows passengers who have booked tours with us to postpone their current booking and transfer their payments into credit. This credit can only be used for future tours that we run.
- We believe this will reduce the number of direct cancellations caused by COVID-19.
- If you want to transfer your trip to other travelers, contact our Sales Department please and they will send you a confirmation.
Here Is How It Works:
If you would like credit for future tours, Tierras Vivas will delay the charging of any additional amount (if it has not already been processed), postpone the current booking, and offer credit based on the payments made so far. Customer payments for these deferred tours are held securely. Any future payments of the balance due will be adjusted as soon as the customer makes a new booking to match his/her new travel dates.
Adjust your own terms here:
- You will receive a credit voucher for the payment of the amount you have paid.
- You can use the credit for all available Tierras Vivas tours starting on or before 31 December 2023.
- Book at least 30 days before the departure date of the new tour. Your booking is subject to availability. In the case of the Inca Trail, we recommend booking well in advance.
- Credit can only be used for Tierras Vivas tours!
- If you want to change your tour for another, you will need to pay the price difference
- Credit for future tours and any credit balance in relation to your new tour is non-refundable.
- Cancellations are subject to standard Tierras Vivas' Terms & Conditions. The credit for future tours is subject to all cancellation rights you have under applicable law.
We hope our credit option will help you postpone your tour until we all get to the other side of the situation.
Thank you so much for your patience!
Tierras Vivas is looking forward to reconnecting you with a life-enriching experience in the future!