- Demonstrations and protests occur often throughout Peru as a response to local labour or social issues. National strikes can be called at short notice and can cause disruptions of road works that may result in unavoidable itinerary changes. Anyway, Tierras Vivas does everything possible to minimalize such impacts as well as to either avoid any extra cost that may arise or to put such an extra cost at a minimum level. Nevertheless, we are not liable for such circumstances that our outside of our control. For that reason, we advise travellers to Peru to count with an emergency fund for such an in predictable case.
Please read through the following document carefully!
- Modifications such as shorter/longer stays, hotel upgrades and extra trips are possible upon request. In such a case, please contact our sales department at email@example.com
- VISA and passport: You may be required to obtain a travel visa. To enter Peru, a valid passport (with minimum 6 months validity) is required too! For updated information, contact your local embassy or consulate, alternatively your travel agent.
PLEASE NOTE!! It is your responsibility to have got all travel documentation correct!!
- Tour Guide & a Tierras Vivas Representative: All Tierras Vivas adventurous group tours are accompanied by a tour guide, a representative or an expedition team. The aim of our Tour Guides is to take a hassle out of our customers’ trips and to help them to have the best trip possible. The Tour Guides provide information on places visited, offer suggestions of what to see and to do, recommend a good place to eat and introduce to his/her colleagues. The Guides have a broad general knowledge of each country visited during a tour, including historical, cultural, religious and social aspects. We also use local Tour Guides where we think that more specific knowledge could add more enjoyment to visited places.
- A single traveller: Please note that if you have booked the "Single Room" option for a tour, you receive your own single room for all nights as well as a single tent if your trip includes trekking.
- Accommodation: We use 3 star hotels, a homestay if you are visiting Titicaca Lake, camping in case of trekking or jungle lodges in case of Amazonian jungle visits.
Throughout the trip, we request that our hotels prepare rooms in time for our arrival, especially if we are arriving prior to normal check in time. However this is not always possible which means we will not be able to check-in immediately on arrival at some hotels. Instead, we can store our luggage and explore our new destination.
If you have purchased pre or post trip accommodation (if available), you may be required to change rooms from your trip accommodation for these extra nights.
TESTIMONIALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS